Sunday, April 14, 2013

Beggers Can't be Choosers!







Last night while I was drifting off to sleep I started thinking about different circumstances I am presently going through. The negative of these circumstances seemed greater than God at that moment an I begain my episode of begging. "Please God take this away" "I don't want to go through this anymore" "I can't face another minute of it" As I wrestled with these thoughts in my emotional prayer it seemed like the only way out and eventually God would remove me right? or in other words give me what I wanted. That's what I remember doing as a child when I wanted my way I kept begging and kept crying sometimes it wouldn't work but, the majority of the time it did with my parents especially my Father. So of course this would work with my Heavenily Father. Once I pulled myself together and laid quiet  before God he begain to speak and reminded me of Paul. "Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."So now, I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me"(2 Corinthians 12:8-9) You see Paul was just like me and just like so many of us. We want to do the work of Christ but, when things get tough or don't go the way we anticipated we start Begging only because we aren't in control and able to choose which trials to go through. God never puts more on us than we can bear and whatever trial or circumstance he allows you to go through he will remind you His Grace is sufficient but it's it's up to Us to recieve it by Faith!


Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment and Keep the Encouragement Going!