Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Four Letter Word.....REST!





"Rest is a necessity. It is a Biblical principle that all creatures must rest. Without proper rest the human body will break down."(whatchristianswanttoknow)


(Genesis 2:2-3) "And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation"

The other day I was so exhausted, my body was aching and my throat was scratchy. I thought to myself "hear comes another cold" when I got home my intentions was to take some Nyquil to combat the cold I was coming against but, before I knew it I was laying down and didn't wake up until the next morning. To my surprise when I woke up my throat was no longer hurting and all my body aches were gone. Of course God is a Healer and by Jesus Stripes we are healed so I always claim that promise over my body anytime I feel like I'm getting sick but, this particular time it was different. The Lord gave me a revelation and said when your body is tired and needs proper rest it can make you feel like you are sick. Rest is so important naturally and spiritually. Even when we don't get the proper rest spiritually we  start to feel sick and lose strength. Trials seem bigger than God and the enemy come in to attack. The faith we once have becomes dull and weak and we find ourselve wanting to sleep instead of pray, or worry instead of have faith. Rest is necessary if we want to be effective in the Kingdom. We have to make the time to rest our bodies and rest our spirits in the presence of God. (Matt 11:28-29)"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Rest is a four letter word that is necessary in our Victory in Christ Jesus!!!! SO MAKE TIME TO REST!!!


Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment and Keep the Encouragement Going!