Friday, March 29, 2013

Boredom visited me Again......





I was walking around work yesterday doing my normal routine and all of a sudden this spirit of boredom hit me. Those that are close to me or have been close to me at some point in my life know that I go through these phases ever so often. Normally my cure is to cut my hair or try a new hair color but, Im leaving the scissors alone this time and looking to God for my cure in boredom. Cutting my hair only soothed me for a moment and I was back to the cyle of boredom again. "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."(2 Corinthians 4:18) I'm one of those people that doesent do good with routine. If I find myself stuck in a cycle to long of anything I'm looking to the Lord yelling "GOD I'M BORED WITH LIFE". I started reading this book last night called "Dangerous Surrender By: Kay Warren" through this book God has been revealing to me what my issue really is and what I need to do to come out of boredom and into a spontaneous relationship with him. When we try to continue life on our own and not completely surrender everything to Jesus at the cross boredom can really set in. So I welcome my phase it alerted me that I need to go back to the cross and surrender my thoughts, my ideas, my ways, my wants once again and take up the plan and purpose God has for my life. In this christian walk you will never be free of surrender you will only be fruitful in Christ as long as you continue to submit to the process it never ends. " And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's the same shall save it."(Mark 8:34-35).

Prayer,
Dear Father,
Forgive me for taking my cross and carrying it on my own journey. I submit once again to your plan and purpose for my life. You know what's best for me and my hearts desire is to be pleasing to you and complete the work you have for me to do. I give you my life once again and surrender it all to you. In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment and Keep the Encouragement Going!