Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Help!!! My Communication is Off!

 



Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!”(Matt 26:41)

Communication Killers....Lead to Temptation
I'm too tired I'll pray next time, I dont feel like it I'm mad, Ive been snapping, My neck has been rolling, Hold Up I'm about to cuss you out!!! How I Outta!!! I know I shouldn't be in this relationship but, it feels right. I just need some time to myself to figure out what I want my family will just have to understand, I'm Leaving, Just one more hit and I'll be straight. I NEED A DRINK! I need a shopping trip, God called me but, I'm not ready to give my life up just yet, Yes I was wrong but, God knows my heart, It's wrong but, I'll feel better etc...........


When my body feels run down or I find myself exhibitang traits that are not of the Holy spirit, But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,(Galatians 5:22) I know that my time spent with the Lord is off. My prayer life has slacked off and I find myself exhibiting characteristics I shouldn't be as a believer. My prayers become short like I'm going through a drive by resturant. Not because I don't want to pray but, because I've been so consummed with the cares of life. If we are not watchful and prayerful the enemy will come in like a flood and sweep the cares of life over you until you are no longer concerned about your relationship with the Lord but, how you are going to pay this or do that.Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.(1 Peter 5:8) A relationship with Christ is just like a marriage. As the Scriptures say, “A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one. This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one.(Ephesians 5:31-31). A lack of communication in a marriage can bring about all kinds of strife and make it easier to give into temptation. Before you know it your marriage is broken and so are you. So whenever you find yourself giving in to all types of temptation around you whether it's to curse someone out or indulge in something you don't normally do. Alert Alert It's time to pray! get on your knees and ask the Lord to help you. Communicate with Him about your hurts, fears, desires and struggles and listen to how much he cares and and whats to help you through. You cannot be faithful to the Lord on your own your fidelty depends on him. Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak(Matt 26:41)

Prayer,
Dear Lord, Please forgive me for the times I've excluded you. I need you I can't make it without you. Help me be consistent in prayer and keeping the lines of communication open between us. I want to be faithful in you and the life that you have called me to. In Jesus Name Amen!

Blessings,
Lisa


                                                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment and Keep the Encouragement Going!