Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jesus drank wine....Why don't you have a cup?

Friends, Countreyman, Lend me Your Ear on this One...............



Okay I had to write about this my cousin and I had a conversation last night about this statement "JESUS DRANK WINE" when a christian chooses not to drink anymore. Its a way of saying "well Jesus drink so why can't you drink anymore?" When exactly did he drink wine? At the dinner table with his family maybe or wedding celebrations ?? "Then he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. Then he said, “Take this and share it among yourselves. For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come.”(Luke 22:17-18) There is nothing wrong with having a glass of wine but, Jesus gives guidance on wine usage for the believers. Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit(Ephesians 5:18). When I did drink I could never just have 1 glass of wine or any alcoholic beverage for that matter,  I wanted about 2 or 3 uhm okay maybe more:) So for me it's better to just stay away and not even temp myself with the fate of drunkardness.The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.(1 Corinthians 10:13)  I choose to remain filled with the Holy Spirit,live in the day at all times and leave the night time where it's at. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.(Romans 13:13). With that being said if you choose to drink wine every now and then that's your choice and you are not going to hell for it just don't allow it to overtake you and don't try to pressure anyone else in to drinking with you. Amen


Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment and Keep the Encouragement Going!