Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Not Another Faith Test....I just had one Yesterday:)

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing(James 1:3-4)


I don't know about you but, I HATE test. Even when I was in Grade School and during my college classes test made me cringe. I wasnt a very good test taker but, I could verbally explain the lesson with no problems an apply what Ive learned with no issues. When the teacher said test I started to tremble, my nerves would kick in and before I even looked at the questions I had already counted myself out. I had already given up based off the way I felt. So I would write my name and begain reluctantly. I would answer as best as I could and sometimes go back 3 or 4 times to change my answers because I wasnt confident. It wasnt that I didn't know the material I just didn't like test and never felt prepared. It seemed they always came up when I had a million other things going on in my mind or needed to study for a different class. Neverthless I would turn in my paper and wait on my grade with anxiety and to my surprise I would always pass with a better grade than I anticipated. The testing of Faith is the same way. We all like to run for the hills or just plain give up when the testing comes but, how else can we grow or exercise our muscles in Christ if we don't hang in there. The foundation we have obtained is enough and sufficient so second guessing ourselves just means we are not confident in the work Jesus has already done in us. Faith testing is necessary to encourage others they can do all things through Christ who strengthens them but, to show ourselves also that Greater is He in us than he that is in the world. Our endurance is built and we can go a little further becoming perfect and complete realizing that He is enough and we have passed again with flying colors.

                                                       Truths..........

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.(2 Corinthians 12:9)

But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.(1 John 4:4)

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.(Phillipians 4:13)


Blessings,
Lisa   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment and Keep the Encouragement Going!