Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I Feel Like Running









"Father it hurts! I don't want to experience another trial..I just wish this would go away...It's easier to just give in to my emotions....It hurts to bad to fight through them...What!! you want me to stay?..For what are you going to take this pain away? No? What do you mean there is Purpose? I don't see it..I don't understand...Wait!!! Don't make me do it...Please God I can't take another hit...I need rest for a while...I understand....I know...It's the only way."(A Conversation w/ Purpose)


Dialogue between God and I when I'm faced with another trial I would rather not walk through. For me I am definately a runner. I laugh because I compare myself to Jonah alot. Jonah did not want to travel to Ninevah not because he didn't trust God but, because he knew the pain he was going to experience becuase of the harsh word he had to deliver to the people. He knew there wouldn't be days filled with joy or laughter but, nights filled with tears. He wanted no parts of that so he ran(But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the LORD. He went down to the port of Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the LORD by sailing to Tarshish Jonah 1:3) He felt like if I can just run away to another place I can escape this assignment, this lesson, this trial. That's ME!!! I think I need to buy a t-shirt that says "JONAH". Jonah teaches us that you can run from the lesson all you want but, you will still have to come back and face the same thing you were running from in the first place. (Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you. Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh Jonah 3:1-3).

Dear Father,
I will not run from the task that you place before me. Forgvie me for the times that I have. Give me the grace to face my fears and the strength to carry out the assignments that you give me. I dont' want to waste time running away I want to walk in obedience and trust that you will never leave me or forsake me.
In Jesus Name Amen



Blessings,
Lisa


















Even though it looks cloudy right now,
You will  see clearly again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment and Keep the Encouragement Going!