Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sunday Blues................





As I was sitting here just reading and watching some videos on Godtube. The Holy Spirit started speaking "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer."(Psalm 19:14) to me. Thats definately a scripture I needed to be reminded of especially this weekend. I was in a horrible mood this weekend and had to work on Sunday. I was not feeling it I couldn't even give encouraging words to those who came looking for one because that's usually my countenance. Full of encouragement and strength but, Sunday I just wasn't feeling it. The enemy was playing a game with my emotions heavily and I was allowing it. I'm reminded of the line in Prophetess Juanita Bynums song "God I'm out of wack in my emotions" because that was me. I even told a customer something I shouldn't have just because I was that tired and emotionally drained I couldn't take another minute of being there.(Oh and I have to suffer those consequences from my Boss) So we do reap those negative seeds we sow. "Don't be misled you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant."(Galatians 6:7) My friend, My comforter, My corrector My teacher the precious Holy Spirit reminded me through this scripture and some inspirational videos that our words still need to be pleasing to God even when our emotions are saying otherwise. Allowing emotions to control your reactions to others in a negative way is not good and only leads to destruction."The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences."(Proverbs 18:21) It's the enemies way of trying to bring damage to you and others. Notice I said trying because as a child of God I already have the victory in Christ Jesus. The Bible tells us that righteous man fall alot but, he will get back up again. "They may trip seven times, but each time they will rise again. But one calamity is enough to lay the wicked low."(Proverbs 24:16) So yes the enemy tripped me up a little with a bout of Sunday Blues but, I have learned and still learning that if I don't fall how will I ever RISE. Whatever corrective action comes from work is okay because I've been humbled through another lesson in emotions and can share with others. "You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people."(Genesis 50:20)




Blessings,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Very transparent. Very sincere. Your words are a blessing. Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment and Keep the Encouragement Going!