Thursday, March 7, 2013

I'm Full of It......."Resentment"




 



"I only give you a hard time'Cause I can't go on and pretend like I haven't tried to forget this
But I'm much too full of resentment(Beyonce, Resentment) I WAS FULL OF IT ....OH YES I WAS!!



That used to be one of my favorite songs to listen to. Whenever I wanted to feel justified in my anger, bitterness, unforgiveness towards situations in my life. I've been through alot of things that would warrant resentment to the natural man all while killing the spirit man. It's amazing how truth opens your eyes to the lies that the enemy hold us captive to. God says in his word "For if you forgive people their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], neither will your Father forgive you your trespasses.(Matthew 6:14-15) This is a deep scripture to allow to penetrate your heart. I've read it over and over again and I know it but, when you feel you have been wronged by those closest to you and not so close to you it's hard sometimes to overcome these characteristics of unforgiveness. I can't even imagine losing my soul for resentment. Majority of the time Iv'e held on to the situations when the individuals who participated in these feelings could care less or have moved on. So I beat myself up and cause damage when God in his precious love wants to save me from destruction. "The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent."(2 Peter 3:9) So I thank you Father this morning for sending your "Logos, the written word of God" to bring about repentance in my life. I accept and recieve it and I pray you do the same in whatever circumstances you've had to face. So let go of the pain in your Past so you can have victory in your Present and look forward to your Future.

GO SO YOU CAN GROW IN GOD!!!!!!!


Blessings,
Lisa



5 Steps to Resolving and Facing Resentfull Feelings(Psychologist James J. Messina)
(1) Identify the source of the resentful feelings and what it is the person did to evoke these feelings, (2) develop a new way of looking at past, present and future life, including how resentment has affected life and how letting go of resentment can improve the future, (3) write a letter to the source of the resentment, listing offenses and explaining the circumstances, then forgive and let go of the offenses (but do not send the letter), (4) visualize a future without the negative impact of resentment, and (5) if resentful feelings still linger, return to Step 1 and begin again.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lisa for this message. It is truly a blessing to hear it this way. You are really pouring out for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment and Keep the Encouragement Going!